Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Week 8 Comments and Feedback

Feedback In

Overall, I think the quality of comments I've gotten from my classmates has been very good. On most of my stories, someone has commented with a way to make my story better. On the comment wall, I got some very good suggestions that I think have really improved my storybook. I definitely find critical comments the most useful. I know I am not a great creative writer, and getting any critical feedback helps me improve my creative writing.

Feedback Out

I think I have left good feedback for my classmates, but sometimes I do struggle to leave feedback. Sometimes I read stories and cannot think of any way to improve upon what the original author had already written. I've found the WWW strategy for feedback to be the most useful for me. Using the WWW strategy, I have a good method to lay out the positives of each story and then mention what I think could be good potential revisions. Through reading other people's stories, I've found some interesting ideas for future stories, and I hope to get to try these ideas in one of the coming weeks.

Blog Comments

I think that I have some sense of getting to know some people in the class, but I do not feel like I know anyone super well. It seems that the blog comment randomizer typically sends me to the same blogs over and over again, so I am trying to start branching out more without the randomizer to visit more people's blogs. I do think that my introduction was a pretty good introduction to me - it summarized me pretty well. I've gotten some good comments back on my introduction.

Looking Forward

I'm not sure what I could do to improve my future feedback for others and myself. I think that the more stories I give feedback on, the better I'll get at offering feedback. For now, I think it is best to focus on the content within each comment and maybe check back to see if authors accepted the advice or not as a sense of whether my feedback was good or not.

Image

I've chosen the following image because I think listening skills are some of the most important professional skills there are. Without being capable of listening well, you cannot possibly grow as a professional or grow your skills.

Image by Tanmay Vora

No comments:

Post a Comment